This experience also helped me to realize that I can't hold on too tightly to this world. We were not given a letter at birth promising that life would be great and wonderful. Instead we were given a book that tells us to rejoice in our sufferings, that this world is not our home, that we have something far greater to look forward to, and that with God, we can get through anything. I pray that this Thanksgiving my family would really be thankful for the precious gift we are given in Jesus. How amazing that we have hope even in death.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving
I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for my family this year. We almost lost Mike this past weekend from carbon monoxide poisoning. He was using a gas powered saw in the basement with little ventilation and God managed to get him upstairs before he passed out. If he had passed out seconds earlier, he wouldn't be here. I have been reflecting a lot these past few days about how precious life is, and how short it is. We never know when it will be our time. I'm so thankful to God that it was not Mike's time and that he gets to spend more time here with our family. I couldn't imagine my life without him.
This experience also helped me to realize that I can't hold on too tightly to this world. We were not given a letter at birth promising that life would be great and wonderful. Instead we were given a book that tells us to rejoice in our sufferings, that this world is not our home, that we have something far greater to look forward to, and that with God, we can get through anything. I pray that this Thanksgiving my family would really be thankful for the precious gift we are given in Jesus. How amazing that we have hope even in death.

This experience also helped me to realize that I can't hold on too tightly to this world. We were not given a letter at birth promising that life would be great and wonderful. Instead we were given a book that tells us to rejoice in our sufferings, that this world is not our home, that we have something far greater to look forward to, and that with God, we can get through anything. I pray that this Thanksgiving my family would really be thankful for the precious gift we are given in Jesus. How amazing that we have hope even in death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Christmas 2021
Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...
-
Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...
-
We were given a table and chairs from some friends of ours. The chairs weren't in the greatest condition. The table is solid oak but it...
-
Allie dances a lot. No matter where she's at, if music comes on she starts dancing. We were even in the front yard yesterday and a car w...
1 comment:
Beautifully said, Gina. I am so glad that God put his hand of protection over Mike, you and the girls in this situation. Happy Thanksgiving, I love you, friend.
Post a Comment